The following information has been obtained with the kind assistance of:
INFLOT Archangel Shipping Agency
58-3 Lomonnosov Ave
Tel.: + 7 818 228 0861
Fax.: + 7 818 263 7376
There are several places which can be used by foreign vessels for anchorage.
1) The outer roads with depths of 10.0 m to the N and NW from the reception buoy Mudyugsky I.
2) The Solombala roadstead with depths of 7.0 m is used by vessels for anchorage while awaiting a berth for loading cargo.
3) The roadstead of the Maimaksansky timber port with depths of 6.5 m is used by vessels while awaiting a berth for loading cargo or when awaiting good weather for going at sea being fully loaded.
4) The Lower Town roadstead with depths of up to 6.0 m is used for anchorage by coastal traders.
5) The Town roadstead with depths of 6.0-7.2 m is used for anchorage by vessels while awaiting bunkering or time for passage under the railway bridge.
6) The Krasnoflotsky roadstead with depths of 7.2 m is used for anchorage by vessels awaiting a berth for loading or a passage time under the railway bridge.
Note: No.3, 4, 5 and 6 above are not used by foreign ships.
The ground at all roadsteads consist of mud and sand. Anchoring is performed according to the pilot's recommendations.
Charts to be used by navigators are No. 12007,16004,16005,16007,16008 and 16009.