BIMCO’s “SHIPTERM” will be the focus of a seminar in London on 21 March.
The seminar will run from 14:30 to 16:00. A networking reception will follow, finishing at 17:30.
The seminar will be hosted by BIMCO and Watson Farley & Williams LLP at:
15 Appold Street
London EC2A 2HB
The seminar will feature a panel of four representatives of the subcommittee that developed SHIPTERM:
Francis Sarre, Compagnie Maritime Belge (Chairperson of the subcommittee)
Christopher Conway, Citi
- Klaus Vilstrup, Dampskibsselskabet NORDEN A/S
- Michael Vernell, Watson Farley & Williams LLP.
The panelists will introduce and explain SHIPTERM (the new standard term sheet for bilateral ship financing transactions) and discussion will be invited with the audience on aspects such as:
the indicative/non-binding nature of the term sheet
- issues relating to governing law and jurisdiction, and
- negative base rate scenarios and how these have been addressed.
The SHIPTERM subcommittee also included the following representatives, many of whom will take part in the seminar:
- Daming Qian, ICBC
- Gildas Maire, Louis Dreyfus Armateurs
- Liv Hege Dyrnes, AS Klaveness Chartering
- Matt Hannaford, Hannaford Turner LLP
- Michael Ziesenitz, Deutsche Bank
- Nick Fell, BW Group
- Olga Petrovic, Linklaters LLP
- Peter Willems, HSBC
- Robin Bencard, shipping and structured asset financing consultant
- Xavier Riffaud, INGEPAR.
Sign up to the seminar.
Other seminars will be held in Dubai, Singapore, and Hong Kong in the coming months. Dates and venues of these seminars will be announced on the BIMCO website.
The seminars are free of charge and are open to BIMCO members and non-members. Participants at the seminars will receive a free copy of the SHIPTERM booklet containing a copy of the standard term sheet and explanatory notes.
Please be aware that space at the seminars is limited. Participation is at a first come first served basis. Thank you for letting us know in case you are prevented from attending, so that others may join in your place.
You can learn more about SHIPTERM by watching the webinar that was held on 27 January.