Cancellations and participant changes
Visa application information
1. What are the steps to sign up for a course at BIMCO?
Check out our upcoming shipping courses
a) Go to www.bimco.org/training to sign up online. Signup is binding.
b) Select your chosen training course by pressing theSign Up button.
c) If you are not already logged in to the BIMCO website, a pop-up will appear.
- If you already have an account on the BIMCO website, choose Already a customer and log in.
- If you do not have an account on the BIMCO website, choose New to BIMCO to create an account.
d) Payments can be made by:
- Bank transfer: A digital invoice will be emailed to you upon completion of the signup process.
- Credit card: We accept American Express, MasterCard, and VISA. A receipt can be downloaded upon completion of the signup process. The invoice will not be emailed to you, but you can download it from My Account > Invoices.
e) Only one invoice will be created regardless of the number of participants.
f) You will receive an email confirming your seat(s) once we receive payment.
2. Do I need to be a BIMCO member to sign up for the course?
No. Both BIMCO members and non-members can sign up and participate in training courses.
3. Can I sign up for a course on behalf of someone else?
Yes. You can sign up for yourself and/or on behalf of colleagues.
4. What is included in the fee for a face-to-face training course?
The course fee for face-to-face masterclasses and seminars includes coffee breaks, lunch, and course materials. Transport or accommodation are not included and should be arranged by the participant directly with the hotel.
This does not apply to the Summer Shipping School and Maritime Law Academy. Please check the Summer Shipping School and Maritime Law Academy course pages to find out what is covered in their respective course fees. If you're still unsure, email us at email@example.com.
5. Will I receive a certificate for the training?
Certificates, if applicable, will be issued shortly after the course has finished. Please refer to the types of training for more information.
1. How can I pay for my training course?
We encourage you to pay online immediately during the registration process. We accept American Express, MasterCard, or VISA. You can then download an invoice which will show as paid.
If you prefer to receive an invoice before paying, you can request an invoice during registration.
We will send the invoice to you by email immediately. You then have 7 days to pay either online using one of the cards mentioned above or by bank transfer. Our bank account details and a link to pay online by credit card will be shown on the invoice.
NOTE: for face-to-face courses, the invoice option is not available less than 14 days prior to the start date of a course. If you register less than 14 days in advance, you will need to pay online with a credit card immediately.
Important: If payment has not been received by the invoice due date, the course seat(s) will be cancelled, and a new signup will be required.
All bank charges are to be paid by the customer.
2. Will I receive a confirmation of payment?
- Credit card: An electronic receipt is issued upon the authorization of the credit card payment. The invoice will not be emailed to you, but you can download it from My Account > Invoices.
- Bank transfer: An invoice (marked paid), together with confirmation of the course seat(s) will be issued by email immediately.
3. How are course discounts calculated?
Discounts are calculated automatically based on your selections. Early bird discounts cannot be combined with the group discount. A 10% group discount is available for registering three or more participants from the same company.
4. Do I receive a discount for being a BIMCO member?
BIMCO members are entitled to preferential discount rates.
5. What currencies do you accept payments in?
All payments should be made in the invoiced currency. EUR for the majority of EU and non-EU countries, except for courses held in the United Kingdom (GBP) and Norway (NOK).
6. Do I need to pay VAT?
Fees for courses taking place in certain EU countries and Norway will be subject to VAT in those countries.
This is regardless of whether the participant paying the course fee is a taxable or non-taxable person, and no matter where the participant originates from, due to an exception of the reverse charge rule.
Local VAT is charged based on where the course is held article 53 of the VAT directive applies. The VAT can be reclaimed through the EU refund mechanism.
Find the right maritime law course for you
1. Will I receive a refund if I cancel my course registration?
If you cancel your seat on a BIMCO course, the following refund conditions apply:
A refund request is received by BIMCO
Percentage of the course fee to be refunded
More than two weeks before the course start date
Less than two weeks before the course start date
2. Can BIMCO cancel a training session without my permission?
Yes. BIMCO Informatique A/S reserves the right to cancel courses if minimum seat numbers are not met.
Course participants will have the option to attend the same course at another time or receive a refund.
3. Can BIMCO reschedule courses for a new date?
Yes. BIMCO Informatique A/S reserves the right to reschedule courses where it is not possible to conduct the course for reasons beyond the control of BIMCO Informatique A/S.
Course participants will have the option to attend the course on the new date or receive a refund as per the normal cancellation policy.
4. Can BIMCO change or update the course content without my permission?
Yes. BIMCO Informatique A/S reserves the right to update the course program and/or cancel or terminate wholly or in part any course and make changes at any time to the course: time, place, trainer, content, price, and any printing errors.
5. What happens if a course attendee falls ill before their training begins?
You are still liable for the course fee. Participants are not automatically moved to the next relevant course.
You are welcome to assign your seat to a colleague, but you must inform BIMCO Training by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations and participant changes
1. How do I cancel my course participation?
If you are unable to attend, you must always inform us in writing. Send an email to email@example.com.
2. Can I transfer my place to a colleague?
Yes. You may send a colleague to participate instead. Please let us know the name, job title, and email address of the person who will replace you.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the participant change request and we will instruct you on how to proceed.
3. Do I have to pay to assign my course seat to someone else?
You can assign your course seat to another named participant for free up until the course start date. However, please make this request as soon as possible.
4. Can I reserve seats for other people, even if I don't know who they are yet?
If you would like to reserve and purchase single or multiple seats on a training course, but do not currently know the name(s) of the participant(s), then please send a request to email@example.com.
You will receive a login to the website where you will be able to add the name(s) and contact details of the participant(s) once the invoice has been generated.
Browse our latest courses
Visa application information
1. Can I have a letter to support my visa application?
If you need an invitation letter to support your visa application, please request one using the link you receive in the confirmation email, once you have paid.
Please note that BIMCO will not be able to contact or intervene with any embassy or consulate office on behalf of a participant.
2. Can I receive a refund if my visa application is rejected?
Should your visa application be declined, you can send a request for a full refund of the course fee to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must be made no later than 14 days before the course start date.