Providing the latest requirements affecting the major crew change hubspots.
A couple of changes and updates have been implemented in the following countries with regard to crew changes:
1. Hong Kong, SAR, China - Effective 29 July, crew change is allowed and exempted from compulsory quarantine but subject to fulfilling certain conditions.
2. Philippines - Just when there was easing of restrictions, the Philippine government had to revert back to stricter community quarantine due to a spike of COVID-19 cases. As per press release dated 3 August 2020, the government has reverted back to stricter lockdowns, imposing a Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) status in Metro Manila, Laguna, Cavite, Rizal, and Bulacan from 4 to 18 August. However, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Talisay City, Minglanilla and Consolacion in Cebu Province and Zamboanga City will be under a general community quarantine (GCQ) until 18 August 2020 and the rest of Philippines is under a less strict modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) status. The quarantine measures are based on the "Omnibus Guidelines on the Implemention of Community Quarantine in the Philippines" drawn up by their special Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).
3. Singapore - The Maritime Port Authority of Singapore has dedicated a section online for "Crew Change", giving a quick overview of their requirements.
4. Malaysia - The Malaysian government has also toughened up their crew change procedures requiring the 14-day quarantine and doing at least two COVID-19 tests on the 1st and 13th day.
5. United Arab Emirates - Crew change procedures introduced for all UAE Ports and waters as per official circular issued by their Federal Transport Agency on 2nd August 2020 (FTA circular No.(12), 2020).
6. Brazil - Brazil has officially re-opened its borders effective immediately, July 29, 2020 to foreigners with certain restrictions in accordance with the Brazilian ordinance ( in Portuguese and unofficial English translation) published on 29 July 2020.
BIMCO is continuously monitoring COVID-19 restrictions and its impact on the shipping industry in particular on crew changes. Below are some of the type of information currently being provided by BIMCO :
You can also view all information on our COVID-19 landing page.
Access BIMCO's COVID-19 related articles and advice.
Veritas Petroleum Services (VPS) publish regular Bunker Alerts based entirely on fuel samples and have kindly permitted BIMCO’s Members to access this information.
The Bunker Alerts are not intended to be an evaluation of overall bunker quality in the port or area concerned, but usually highlight a specific parameter within the fuel which has raised a quality issue.
No related news was foundView All News
All of BIMCO's most widely used contracts and clauses as well as advice on managing charters and business partners.
For general guidance and information on cargo-related queries.
Want to buy or download a BIMCO publication? Use the link to get access to the ballast water management guide, the ship master’s security manual and many other publications.
We can help members check new business partners. We also help to recover millions of USD (undisputed) funds every year.