UPDATE of the BIMCO Shipping KPI
From 07:00 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) on Friday 31 March 2023 BIMCO’s Shipping KPI will be offline for a system update and migration to BIMCO servers. The system will be online again on Monday 3 April from 08:00 UTC.
When you access the updated system for the first time, you will be asked to setup a new personal login to view your Shipping KPI account.
To save yourself time, create your new login now, so you are ready once the system update and migration is completed:
Follow the link below to complete the registration of your new login: https://skpi-register.bimco.org/registration
In case no one from your company has yet confirmed to have your Shipping KPI data transferred onto the new servers as part of the system update and migration, you can confirm this during the login registration process or by sending an email to email@example.com to with "Consent" in the subject line, your email signature and the word “Confirm”.
If you have any questions, need more information or assistance with registration please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does it cost?
For BIMCO members, Shipping KPI in its current version is free to use for now. Subscriptions or user fees might be implemented in 2024 to help support the future development of the system. For non-BIMCO members, a setup fee is applicable - please email to email@example.com for further details.
BIMCO’s Shipping KPI Team
What is BIMCO Shipping KPI?
The BIMCO Shipping KPI platform is a global shipping industry tool for defining, measuring and reporting information on operational performance. The Shipping KPI System is used by shipping companies to:
- compare their ships performance against the industry standard and potentially identify where efficiency improvements could be made
- communicate their ship operational performance, both internally and externally
- gain specific and accurate comparison of both own and other users’ ships or groups of ships
- utilise filtering of benchmarking results in terms of: age of ships, Class, DWT, flag, ship status, ship type, etc.
The Shipping KPI Standard is built up hierarchical with 3 different levels:
- Key Performance Indicators groups (KPI groups)
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Performance Indicators (PIs)
There is a mathematical relation between the last two levels. In basic terms, Key Performance Indicators are calculated from Performance Indicators (lowest level) using a KPI formula.
On the lowest level you find the PIs which are based on data capture (measurements or counters) directly from a ship or from the shipping management. Data is collected once and re-used within the Shipping KPI Standard in order to reduce the amount of data.
Data security is paramount, and the reported data is not only anonymous but also only used in an aggregated average for benchmarking. The benchmarking rule is based on not less than 3 other KPI users and a minimum of 10 ships. BIMCO does not have access to any reported performance data.
It is a system for the industry – developed, maintained and operated by the industry.
What is the History and Schedule?
- 2006: Shipping KPI was developed by a cross-industry group
- 2011:Shipping KPI was launched to the public at IMO
- 2015: BIMCO took ownership of the Shipping KPI
- 2018: BIMCO launched Shipping KPI version 3.0
- 2020: BIMCO Launched Shipping KPI version 4.0
- 2020 BIMCO Launched a new Shipping KPI Group on Cost
- 2021 BIMCO launched improve user report generation functionality
- 2022: BIMCO initiated a project to update the software platform that runs the system and to migrate it to new BIMCO servers
- 2022 The BIMCO Shipping KPI Group on Cost have until further notice been taken down to avoid programming implecations during the mitigation to the new softwareplatform
- 2023: BIMCO Shipping KPI system is updated and migrated to BIMCO servers, with an improved user interface and new KPIs and PIs relating to ship emissions
What are the key advantages and functions?
- across industry performance benchmarking
- all functions and formulas are fully transparent
- filtered internal & external benchmarking
- graphical overview of ship/fleet status and KPI performance
- easy generation of status KPI and benchmarking ranking reports
- increases transparency within the shipping industry
- measures ships’ performance data
- monitoring of internal performance improvement
- online platform (no download required)
- only using aggregated data for benchmarking
- performance Indicators being accumulated into KPI’s
- quarterly reporting as recommended minimum interval
- secure and anonymous for all users
- size of data pool equals data quality (crowd sourcing)
How does it work?
The Shipping KPI offers shipping organisations the ability to produce a visual representation of how a ship or group of ships performs during a specific time period. It uses a unique standard of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and the Ship Attributes that allows users to filter information according to different type and sector of ships. This will allow the user to produce ship reports and benchmark ships across different types and sectors.
- Health and Safety
- HR Management
- Navigational Safety
- Port State Control
For further information please refer to the documentation available here. In the left hand frame, please select the correct version (4) and if applicable the chosen KPI profile.
BIMCO Shipping KPI