An overview of the reports and analysis available to BIMCO members.
The BIMCO website provides access to a variety of shipping market data and reports for BIMCO members. Analyses and news pieces produced by the BIMCO shipping market analysis team are free to read for both members and non-members. However, only members have access to the market reports page, which gives access to a wide variety of shipping reports and data produced both in-house by BIMCO as well as third party reports.
The following reports and data are available on the market reports page only to BIMCO members:
- Bunker prices in 32 major bunker ports, with interactive graphs as well as the latest price information for marine gas oil, very low sulphur fuel oil and heavy fuel oil. Provided by Mabux and updated daily. The site also contain other elements adressing a range of IMO 2020 Sulphur Cap issues, for more information click here.
- Weekly dry bulk reports covering market developments in the four dry bulk ship types and the Baltic Dry Indices as well as average earnings. Provided by the Baltic Exchange.Weekly tanker market reports including crude oil market developments around the world, clean and dirty productsas well as spot market developments both in worldscale and time charter equivalent dollars per day. Provided by Gibson Shipbrokers.
- Weekly sale and purchase reports including secondhand market prices and reported sales for crude oil, product and gas tankers, dry bulk and containerships including ship type, size, build year, yard, price. Provided by Intermodal Research & Valuation.
- Weekly newbuilding reports including indicative newbuilding prices, and new orders by vessel type, size, yard, scheduled delivery and buyer. Provided by Intermodal Research & Valuation.
- Weekly demolition reports with a general overview of market conditions, price by yard location and ship type as well as reported sales and port positions. Provided by GMS.
- Monthly container report including XSI price indices and market conditions by region. Provided by Xeneta.
- Industry wide overview of the supply situation in shipping: Monthly fleet development graphs with data on deliveries, demolition and contracting in the major shipping sectors as well as monthly fleet growth across dry bulk, container and tanker shipping. Provided by BIMCO.
- Shipping Number of the week providing insight into an interesting development in either macro-economics or one of the shipping sectors covered by the BIMCO market analysis team.
As well as accessing these through the BIMCO website, members can also sign up to receive e-mail notifications when a/the report(s) they are intersted in are updated. This can be done by creating a web account and then set youself up in “My Account”. If you have any questions about this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members as well as non-members can also follow BIMCO market analysis by joining free-to-attend webinars held on a quarterly basis and attend events, information about all of which can be found on the events page of the BIMCO website.
Recordings of previous webinars, interviews and podcasts is accessible to all on the multimedia page of the website. Furthermore you can follow Peter Sand on Twitter and LinkedIn for the latest news.