SmartCon is the next generation of contract editing tools developed using the latest technology from Microsoft. We’ve built the editing features inside Word versions of our contracts to provide a seamless integration with the workflows of shipping professionals.
The key features
- Easy to use and low cost
- Transparent negotiation with track changes
- Download and store the Word document on your computer
- Microsoft security with built-in protection and authentication tools
- Microsoft Word ® 2013 and Microsoft Information Protection
Please see the full requirements at this link.
Purchasing a SmartCon account
To set up a SmartCon account for your company, you can do this from My Account, under SmartCon (need to have a company login).
There is a one-off start-up fee of 200 EUR for non-members and 120 EUR for BIMCO members.
Each company will then choose which option or package that suits their company.
SmartCon pricing options in EUR
*Total price is the full amount needed to be paid for 1 year subscription (a subscription will always run for a year at a time)
**Pay-as-you-go is a non-subscription option where you choose the type of final you want and the number of month you want. This is a credit card option only.
Finals can be used within 1 year from the date they are purchased, if not used within that year, they will expire.
***Cost from user 11 when ordering less than 5 users at a time, it is with credit card only. For 5 or more can be ordered with credit card or invoice.
+Final is the price that will be paid for each final PDF produced through SmartCon. Everything that isn’t specified in one of the red columns, falls under the category of “Standard contract Final” in the orange column.
++Finals for a Hosted SmartCon subscription will depend on the amount of users.
1-4 users is the same price as the 3 users subscription.
5-9 users is the same price as 5 users subscription.
10 users or more is the same price as the 10 users subscription.
Hosted SmartCon: Is for those that either don’t have the minimum requirements to use SmartCon in the regular way, have strict security that they can't or won't change or if you are using a Mac and want to benefit from the same features as a Windows user. With Hosted SmartCon we account for everything, so the only thing you need is to allow access and have an up to date web browser like Google Chrome etc.
Note: that each user must have a name, and the login belongs to that user, and only that user will get support for that login.
Setting up a SmartCon account
If your company is already registered with us, you can purchase a SmartCon account from “My Account”, under “SmartCon”. If not, you will need to submit your company details to get an account.
On the ordering page, choose the option or package best suited for your company. In the basket you will decide whether to get an invoice or pay directly with a VISA or MasterCard.
Payment with invoice: You will gain access to setup the users and start a contract within five minutes. However, the FINAL option under “Send contract as PDF” will not be available until we receive payment.
Payment with VISA or MasterCard: Everything will be ready within five minutes.
Once the SmartCon account is ready to use, the first administrator will be set up with one of our standard logins for SmartCon. Should you wish to use the same email as you use for your Microsoft office license, you will need to contact us, as we will need to set up your company domain for it to work. The administrator will now be able to set up the users ordered in the package (if a subscription package was ordered). You are now ready to use SmartCon. Please see our User documentation and FAQ for more information.
Users will be invoiced annually and the company will get an invoice for renewal 45 days prior the renewal date.
Finals for the subscription option is not prepaid or included. An invoice will be created by the system every time you reach the amount setup for your company. If you don’t reach this amount within 6 month and invoice will be created for what ever usage you may have. As long as the invoice is paid within the due date, you will be able to continue the usage of Finals. If an invoice has past the due date, you won’t be able to produce Finals until we receive the payment.
Even though the SmartCon add-in is not needed to create a contract, this is truly what makes SmartCon easy to use. The SmartCon add-in can be download from “My Account” under “SmartCon” once the account is setup. Please see our FAQ for more information.
Available contracts in SmartCon (136 available in total)
Voyage charter parties (14 available)
- AMWELSH 93
- AMWELSH 93 fixed line numbers
- BIMCHEMVOY 2008
- FERTICON 2007
- GASVOY 2005
- GENCON 94
- GENCON 94 fixed line numbers
- HYDROCHARTER 2017
- NORGRAIN 89
- SYNACOMEX 2000
- WORLDFOOD 2017
Time charter parties (7 available)
- BALTIME 1939_REVISED 2001
- BOXTIME 2004
- BOXTIME 2004 fixed line numbers
- LINERTIME 2015
- NYPE 2015
Offshore contracts (18 available)
- HEAVYCON 2007
- HEAVYCONBILL 2016
- HEAVYCONRECEIPT 2007
- HEAVYCONRECEIPT 2016
- HEAVYLIFTVOYBILL 2016
- SUPPLYTIME 2005
- SUPPLYTIME 2005 fixed line numbers
- SUPPLYTIME 2017
- TOWCON 2008
- TOWCON/TOWHIRE 2008 Annex A
- TOWHIRE 2008
- WRECKFIXED 2010
- WRECKHIRE 2010
- WRECKSTAGE 2010
Various other BIMCO contracts (38 available)
- Agency Appointment Agreement
- BARECON 2001
- BARECON 2001 fixed line numbers
- BARECON 2017
- BIMCO Bunker Terms 2018
- BOXCHANGE 2016
- Charter Party Guarantee
- CREWMAN A 2009
- CREWMAN B 2009
- ESCROW Agreement for Dispute 2017
- ESCROW Agreement for Sale and Purchase transactions 2017
- General Agency Agreement
- MINREPCON 2018
- Novation Agreement - For shipbuilding contracts
- Novation Agreement - Substitution of time charterers
- Novation Agreement - Transfer of ownership
- POOLCON A
- POOLCON B
- RECYCLECON fixed line numbers
- REPAIRCON 2018
- SALEFORM 2012 (Norwegian Saleform NSF)
- SALEFORM 2012 (Norwegian Saleform NSF) fixed line numbers
- SHIPMAN 2009
- Shipmanagers Letter of Undertaking
- SHIPTERM S
- Singapore Sale Form (SSF)
- Standard Statement of Facts (short form)
Bills of lading, waybills, and cargo receipts (21 available)
- BIMCHEMVOY 2008
- BIMCHEMVOY 2016
- Blank Back Form of Liner Bill of Lading 2016
- Blank Back Form of Non-Negotiable Liner Waybill 2016
- COMBICONBILL 2016
- COMBICONWAYBILL 2016
- CONGENBILL 2016
- CONGENBILL 2007
- CONLINEBILL 2000
- CONLINEBILL 2016
- CONLINEBOOKING 2000
- CONLINEBOOKING 2016
- FERTICONBILL 2007
- FERTICONBILL 2016
- GENWAYBILL 2016
- GRAINCONBILL 2016
- HEAVYCONBILL 2007
- HYDROBILL 2017
- LINEWAYBILL 2016
- MULTIDOC 2016
- MULTIWAYBILL 2016
Previous editions of BIMCO contracts (27 available)
- AMWELSH 79
- BARECON 89
- BARECON 89 fixed line numbers
- BARGEHIRE 94
- BOXTIME fixed line numbers
- CONGENBILL 94
- CREWMAN A
- CREWMAN B
- GENCON 76
- GENCON 76 fixed line numbers
- NYPE 93
- NYPE 93 fixed line numbers
- SALEFORM 93 (Norwegian Saleform NSF)
- SALEFORM 93 (Norwegian Saleform NSF) Fixed line numbers
- SHIPMAN 98
- SUPPLYTIME 89
- SUPPLYTIME 89 fixed line numbers
Non-BIMCO contracts (11 available)
- ASBATIME (NYPE81)
- ASBATIME (NYPE81) fixed line numbers
- BP VOY 4 fixed line numbers
- NIPPONSALE 1999
- NIPPONSALE 1999 fixed line numbers
- NYPE 46
- NYPE 46 fixed line numbers
- SHELLTIME 4
- SHELLTIME 4 fixed line numbers
- SHELLTIME 4 version 1.1 revised 2003 fixed line numbers